Alina Bassi (@alinabassi1) is the founder and CEO of Kleiderly. Originally from London, she founded Kleiderly in 2019 in Berlin with the goal of solving the problem of fashion industry waste. She has developed a patent-pending technology to recycle waste clothing into a new and sustainable material, diverting clothing waste away from landfills and incinerators. Her mission is to lower the carbon footprint of fashion and eliminate tons of CO2 emissions.
Alina is a Google for Startups Female Founder alumna and a member of the Forbes 30 under 30 class of 2020.
In this episode you will learn about:
- Kleiderly and how they are trying to solve the problem of fashion industry waste
- The Berlin startup scene and accelerators
- How to build up confidence as a founder
- Supporting minority founders
- And much more…!
- 01:45 -- Intro of Alina Bassi
- 02:04 -- Alina’s background before she launched her own startup
- 03:13 -- Gaining first startup experience at bio-bean
- 04:28 -- How Alina found a startup to work for and gather relevant experience
- 05:07 -- The origin story of Kleiderly
- 08:04 -- Kleiderly’s value proposition
- 09:48 -- The first steps of entrepreneurship. How do you start your own company
- 13:19 -- Alina’s experience with Accelerator programs
- 16:42 -- Current stage and facts about Kleiderly
- 19:10 -- Lessons learnt from an early-stage startup
- 23:27 -- Mistakes to avoid as a founder
- 24:38 -- Tips and insights into the Berlin startup scene
- 26:33 -- Initiatives that Alina is involved in to support minority founders
- 30:17 -- Alina’s favorite book she would recommend to fellow startup founders
- 30:50 -- Alina’s best personal investment
- 31:25 -- Alina’s favorite SaaS tool to help her as a founder
- 32:29 -- Advice to your younger self
- 33:32 -- How to build up confidence as a founder
- 34:45 -- What courage means to Alina
Please follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and my Website, where I post new episodes and share resources & tips for anyone interested in entrepreneurship in Europe.
Sign-up for the mailing list to stay in the loop!
If you're enjoying the podcast, the best way to support the show is by leaving a review on Apple Podcast or in your favorite podcast app.Support Leap Takers
- Kleiderly Website — Sustainable Plastic Made from Textile Waste
- Kleiderly (@kleiderlyberlin) - Instagram
- Kleiderly (@kleiderlyberlin) - Twitter
- bio-bean | The world’s largest recycler of coffee grounds.
- High-Tech SeedLab - Accelerator
- The Berlin Founders Fund from Silicon Allee
- Silicon Allee
- Lafayette Plug and Play - Retail Business Accelerator in Paris
- Factory Berlin - The Community of Innovators and Creators
- Entrepreneur First - Find a co-founder at the world's leading talent investor
- Antler - Global early-stage VC enabling and investing in the world's most exceptional people
- The Lean Startup | The Movement That Is Transforming How New Products Are Built And Launched
- Asana - Manage your team’s work, projects, & tasks online
- Biofuel - Wikipedia