Gonzalo (@gonsanchezs) runs and writes Seedtable, one of the leading newsletters focused on European tech. Seedtable is read by tens of thousands every week, and his work has been featured in Wired and Sifted. Gonzalo's writing always provides unique perspectives of developments in technology in Europe and its impact on society. Seedtable is one of my all-time favorite newsletters and I'm super excited that Gonzalo decided to come on the LeapTakers Podcast.
In addition to Seedtable, Gonzalo is Head of Growth at Jobbatical, an Estonian Relocation Service for Tech companies, and he is mentoring startups. His previous experience includes having founded two startups, being a Content Specialist at Piktochart, growing EVELO from $1.2m to $4m as Director of Marketing, and helping to bring The Martec from 2,000 to 50,000 monthly visitors.
Gonz likes to read and to fly. He speaks 4 languages and lifts heavy things, plus he seems to be into the occasional burger or ramen.
In today’s episode we talk about practical tips for remote work and working from home, how Gonzalo started Seedtable, what makes a successful newsletter & advice on how to grow your own content, the impact of Covid-19 on various startup sectors, and more.
Please follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and my Website, where I post new episodes, share interesting articles I found, and blog occasionally about cool startups!
Sign-up for the mailing list to stay in the loop!
- 01:53: Who is Gonzalo & introduction
- 04:52: Is a certain personality type required to be able to work remotely?
- 06:25: Tips & tricks for remote work
- 10:08: Gonzalo's favorite city to work from remotely
- 12:22: How did Gonzalo become interested in technology and entrepreneurship?
- 15:40: How does website flipping work
- 16:53: Learnings from his experience as a founder & failed startups
- 19:11: How to pick and find your co-founder
- 22:21: The beginnings of Seedtable
- 24:09: How Seedtable got traction
- 27:18: Tips to produce good content and to grow your audience
- 30:19: How to separate a job and a side project
- 33:30: Key facts about Seedtable
- 36:32: Gonzalo's predictions for 2020 and the impact of COVID-19
- 39:18: Discussion of startup sectors that are positively or negatively affected by COVID-19
- 44:20: Gonzalo's understanding of courage
- 45:14: Wrap-up
Remo's Favorite Quote of the Month:
“Discipline equals freedom”
- Jocko Willink
If you're enjoying the podcast, the best way to support the show is by leaving a review on Apple Podcast or in your favorite podcast app.Support Leap Takers
- Seedtable: Weekly newsletter on European tech
- Seedtable edition: Interview with Matt Clifford of Entrepreneur First
- Seedtable edition: Spotify goes wild
- Gonz (@gonsanchezs) on Twitter
- Entrepreneur First - Find a co-founder at the world's leading talent investor
- Roam Research – A note taking tool for networked thought.
- Flippa - #1 platform to buy and sell online businesses
- Sifted | Telling the untold stories of European startups
- Jobbatical - Relocate your new hires efficiently and reliably