Arman Anatürk - Food trends and the founding story of FoodHack - a global platform for the FoodTech industry
February 15th, 2021
43 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Arman Anatürk [@ArmanAnaturk] is the founder and CEO of FoodHack. FoodHack is a community-driven platform that inspires, highlights and connects food entrepreneurs and innovators. With FoodHack Arman is is building the 21st century media / events company for the foodtech industry. The platform's offering includes a weekly food & food tech newsletter, ambassador run meet-ups, an annual FoodHack Summit, as well as a newly launched Food Discovery board (think of the “Product Hunt of Food”) where innovative food tech startups are featured.
Arman’s goal with FoodHack is to make it easier for impact driven food founders to access the resources, network and knowledge they need to successfully launch and grow their Food (tech) business. The FoodHack newsletter has over 100+ editions sent and over 5k+ happy readers.
Arman also hosts "The Secret Sauce" Podcast, where he provides insights from food industry leaders.
- How Arman founded and grew a 21st century media company focused on food & technology
- Cold outreach tips
- Newest trends in the FoodTech space
- Tools to run an emerging startup / platform
- The origin story of FoodHack
- 02:33 -- Intro of Arman
- 03:20 -- How Arman Anatürk got interested in startups and food tech
- 07:04 -- Next steps after working for a coding school
- 08:16 -- Cold outreach tips
- 13:17 -- How Arman got his first client
- 14:50 -- Description of FoodHack and its mission
- 17:50 -- Sources of revenue for FoodHack / a 21st century media business
- 20:13 -- The story of FoodHack and its different products
- 23:51 -- Stats of FoodHack
- 25:33 -- Arman’s favorite tools to run FoodHack / a media startup
- 28:05 -- Tips to grow your newsletter
- 30:31 -- Latest trends happening in the FoodTech space
- 37:30 -- Book with the biggest impact for Arman
- 37:54 -- Area in FoodTech that Arman is most excited about
- 38:27 -- Lessons for other (aspiring) entrepreneurs
- 40:44 -- What courage means for Arman
Please follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and my Website, where I post new episodes and share resources & tips for anyone interested in entrepreneurship in Europe.
Sign-up for the mailing list to stay in the loop!
If you're enjoying the podcast, the best way to support the show is by leaving a review on Apple Podcast or in your favorite podcast app.Support Leap Takers
- FoodHack | Global Community for Food Innovators
- Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- OneRoof Agency
- Agrinorm - Machine learning for quality predictions of fruits
- Daria Reisch
- FoodHack Meetups
- Zapier | The easiest way to automate your work
- Eventbrite - Discover Great Events or Create Your Own & Sell Tickets
- Canva: Collaborate & Create Amazing Graphic Design for Free
- Zoom: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing
- ActiveCampaign - #1 Customer Experience Automation Platform
- Google Docs: Free Online Documents for Personal Use
- Slack: Where work happens
- Hunter.io - Find email addresses in seconds
- Substack: Email Newsletter Platform
- Ghost: Turn your audience into a business
- Bexio: Business Software for Small Businesses and Startups
- Eat Just to sell lab-grown meat in Singapore after gaining ‘world first’ regulatory approval
- Josh Tetrick (@joshtetrick)
- Baze | Personalized Supplements That Work. We'll Prove It.
- Mixfit: Your personal nutrition journey starts now! – Mixfit Inc.
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike - Phil Knight
- Gregory Logan